VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Elfin Hut Skiing/snowshoeing Trip · Fri. Apr. 27th - Sat. Apr. 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 27th
End: Saturday, Apr. 28th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Apr. 26th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
I am planning a trip to the Elfin Lakes Hut for right after the end of UBC Exams in April. The hike/ski is approximately 11 km one way so the trip is beginner friendly as long as you are ok with snow. Current plan is to drive up to Squamish on Friday the 27th, hike/ski in, have a potluck, and then hike/ski out the 28th. For more info on the location read this.
The Elfin Lakes Hut has a maximum capacity of 33 spots, not including tenting outside the hut. I have reserved all 33 spots with the help of two other VOC Members. Special thanks to Hans and Scott for the help!
- Any member who pays $16.57 will be moved to "going" and will be reserved a spot in the hut for the trip.
- I think the easiest payment method would be to Interac me at [email protected] but I'm flexible. If you would like to meet up and pay another way such as cash just let me know.
- You can see your payment status here. Currently the list only has "going" and "committed" members.
If anyone has any suggestions/question/concerns don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] or post in the message board thread.