VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Howe Sound Crest Trail Backpack (3 Days) · Sat. Aug. 4th - Mon. Aug. 6th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 4th
End: Monday, Aug. 6th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Aug. 2nd, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
I'd like to plan a backpacking trip along the Howe sound crest trail, from Cypress to the other end near Porteau cove. My tentative plan is 3 days of hiking and two nights of camping along the trail. The entire trail is about 29km one way so it is not neccessarily a beginner friendly trip. I would like to limit the group to more experienced backpackers.
My goal is to set up vehicles at the end of the trail near the Porteau Cove side so that we don't retrace steps, and can simply do the trail one way. This will require some ferrying of people/vehicles between both ends of the trail but we should be able to get it to work.
More details can be worked out close to the trip date as its far in the future. I haven't hiked the Howe Sound Crest trail myself so if other VOC'ers have tips or advice please post it in the message board!