VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Hollyburn Skiing - Sunday Nov 27th · Sunday, November 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 27th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 23rd
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom MAP
Note: This trip has been changed to Hollyburn Mt. because of the bad avalanche conditions this weekend.
If you want to hit up the MEC Snowfest on Saturday but still get out on Sunday, this could be your trip. We'll be heading to Zoa Peak along the Coquihalla highway. It's a good 2.5-3 hours drive away, so we'll have to leave pretty early (although I hate doing that!).
This trip is beginner friendly, but everyone should have practiced with a beacon before. This page has a list of equipment you should get your hands on. Some skiing experience would be good, but no VOCer will be left behind.
We'll have an ugly-sweater themed pre-trip meeting at 6:30 Wednesday (in the clubroom), before the Winter Social.
If we get my way, we'll be stopping at Home Restaurant in Hope for some comfort food and bad beer.