Members can insert new events into the calendar and signup for trips, but please read the instructions before posting.
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.

Marriott Basin ski weekend/ stay @ Wendy Thompson Hut · Sat. Nov. 26th - Sun. Nov. 27th

Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened

Warning, this trip has been cancelled

  • Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
  • This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
  • This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
  • Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
  • Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
  • Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
  • Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
  • Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
  • Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
  • Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Maria Markov.

Start: Saturday, Nov. 26th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 27th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: No pretrip meeting: just email faff.


 This trip is being cancelled due to very crappy weather/avy forecast.

Head up to the Wendy Thompson hut (near Pemberton) on Saturday. Night skiing and/or mulled "grape juice" in the evening. A few morning turns and ski-out on Sunday.

Trip Difficulty:

Intermediates are totally welcome. Beginners are ok in limited quantity. All participants MUST bring, and know how to use, their avy gear! For manageable group size I am going to limit participation to 10 people. The hut

Other details:

If you want to stay in the hut, we will need to make reservations. So far 4 of 16 spots have been reserved (by non-VOC). Let's wait until Wednesday to make any reservations so that we are sure about our destination.

No pretrip meeting: just email faff.


Backup option:

If participation is very limited (less than 4) we can try joining up with the Duffey Lake crew?

Posted: 2011-11-22 10:51:40
Last modified: 2011-11-24 11:49:06