VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Type 1 Fun and Making it Back in Time for Last Call: You CAN Have it All! (2018 Neil Mackenzie Grant winners) · Thursday, January 10th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Jan. 10th, 7:00 pm
End: Thursday, Jan. 10th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: TBD
Join the 2018 winners of the Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant to talk about their upcoming adventure in Scotland!
Ben Clark and Jess Landing plan to chase the Scottish ice in the mountains of Scotland this winter and will be giving a prelude presentation on their trip.
"Hear from Ben Clark and Jess Landing, who have spent the past 2.5 years choosing adventures that avoid epics at all costs. This hairy duo wants to show you that while there's a time and place for those pesky alpine starts, miserable slogs, and getting benighted, you can climb cool shit and still make it back and time for dinner (and be eligible for the Neil Mackenzie Grant!). "
Come chat, listen, and get inspired to go on your own adventure!
PS: If you are already stoked to go on your own adventure, want to apply to the grant, and don't need more convincing, please visit the 2019 Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant wiki page or the trip agenda post to apply!