VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tele Lesson at Cypress · Thursday, December 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Dec. 15th, 5:30 pm
Can't wait till tele school? Looking to improve your turns before New Year's at Phelix? Come and ski with the Vancouver Telemark Club on Tuesday nights at Cypress! I'll try to hold these on Tuesdays, but this week it'll be on the Thursday.
This will be an instructional evening at Cypress Resort on the North Shore. You will need to pay for a lift ticket ($39, or $33 with the Gold Medal Card). The lifts are open until 10pm, and we'll try to get in as much skiing as we can until it either closes, gets too cold, or it starts raining.
Although beginners will probably get the most out of this, I can also offer tips for intermediate skiers also. And if there's alot of interest, I can probably convince better tele skiers to teach too.
You will need your own ski boots, teleskis and telebindings, all of which can be rented from the VOC. Hopefully we'll have enough gear, cars and instructors to accomodate everybody!