VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Burns 'n Turns 2019 · Sat. Jan. 26th - Sun. Jan. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 26th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 27th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 22nd, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: in or around the clubroom
Four years ago lost friends organised a ski trip - Burns supper combo, and this tradition has been kept going each year since in their memory.
This year shall be no different. Haggis shall be made from scratch (both meat and veggie options) and dragged into the mountains (Neil and I are in complete agreement that the stuff you can buy here just isn't very good...). Whisky shall be consumed and good times shall be had!
In keeping with the spirits of both Neil and Steph, this trip will be as inclusive as possible. However, our destination (Brew hut) is quite the trek. The terrain is not very technical; you do not need to be a strong skier. However, this would not be a good time to try out skis for the first time. If you are new to skiing you should test it out at the Zoa trip, and intro to back country. So long as you are prepared to grunt all day we'll make sure everyone gets there (relatively) happily. If skiing isn't for you, snowshoes are also an option. The hut is beautifully warm and fits about 20 people.
We shall also have a mini Ceilidh. No experience required but coming along to the Ceilidh on the 11th is highly recommended!