VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Annual General Meeting · Thursday, March 14th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Mar. 14th, 6:00 pm
End: Thursday, Mar. 14th, 10:00 pm
Location: St James Community Square
Potluck! Please bring a dish to share and your own container and utensils!
Beer for sale at $2/serving - please bring small money and two pieces of ID!
To nominate for awards, head here: https://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?1,128199
For additional incentive, we will give ONE FREE BEER to everyone who volunteers at the event. See below for descriptions of each volunteer position
- Check-In (6 pm to 7 pm) - sit at the door with a laptop or surface for the first hour of the event taking the names of everyone who attends the event
- Set-Up (5:30 pm to 6 pm) - set up chairs, tables, beer serving area and anything else during the 30 minutes before the event starts
- Take-Down (10 pm to 10:30 pm) - put away chairs and tables, clean up garbage, etc (make it look the same as we found it)
- Beer Sales, Service and Checking ID's (2 people/hour - must be 19 or older with SIR or SES course certification) - Pour draft beer from two kegs at a table on the edge of the hall. Check ID's, stamp hands/arms of people that have already shown their IDs and collect money for beer sales)
- Results of exec elections announced
- Results of this year’s Photo Contest Winners and Mackenzie Adventure Grant
- Journal release!
- General meeting business (year end finances, constitution changes)