VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Reading Week Sphinx Ski Camp · Sat. Feb. 16th - Sun. Feb. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : The Lake may not freeze. It's not looking good so far
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 16th
End: Sunday, Feb. 24th, 11:00 pm
For many years the VOC held an annual Sphinx Bay ski camp over reading week. It has been a few years since there was a big one, but I’d like to resurrect this tradition. If you are familiar with the way the Phelix New Years goes then you have a pretty clear idea how this trip will be. It will not be a formal trip so much as a figure-your-own-stuff-out trip. Basically you sort within your own groups which days you’d like to go for and rides and other logistics, and we end up with a big group of VOCers camping in and around the Burton Hut in the evenings.
Use the message board thread and the wiki page to coordinate hut usage and find car groups.