VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Frosty (Mountain) Skiing · Sat. Mar. 30th - Sun. Mar. 31st
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 30th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 31st, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 27th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
EDIT Now leaving early Saturday instead of Friday
Let's go to Frosty Mouuuuuntaaaaain!
Saturday - Drive to Manning Park (Lightning Lake), skin up ~9km//600m vert to Frosty Camp ("cooking shelter" but we'll be winter camping)
Those with avi experience summit Frosty Mountain (pretty straight forward technically) another 4km//500m vert. Those who are hungover or less experienced do some chill tree skiing around the camp (might include me as I am recovering from a knee injury yay).
Sunday - (more laps?) ski out & drive back & wonder why you go to school at all.
To come, you should have:
- some experience with avalanche safety gear, however AST1 is NOT required (required if you want to summit/go into more avalanche prone areas)
- skiing experience
- backpacking experience
- warm layers
- alcohol and mixer of your choice for a bar potluck!
If you are reading this, you are wrong not to come, and should consult your doctor.