VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brian Waddington Hut Trip - Intermediate Friendly · Sat. Dec. 17th - Sun. Dec. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 17th
End: Sunday, Dec. 18th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
It has been far, far too long since I was up at the Brain Waddington Hut and I want to check out how those fancy new windows we installed are doing. Also, I normally practically live up there in the winter and I don't know why I just don't find myself up there as much this year.
So, I'm going up this weekend. The mission is not to move blindingly quickly, but I do want to get some legitimate skiing done, so I'd like to make this an intermediate/advanced beginner friendly trip. If you've been on a couple of trips and are pretty comfortable skinning and carrying a pack (and can move at a consistent speed), I'm sure you'll be fine. This is not going to be an 'instructional' trip, but we won't leave people for dead either.
If you're not sure if this trip is for you, feel free to post on the message board and I'll let you know. We'll have a pre-trip on Wednesday evening at 6pm.