VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] HMVDITTRAH 2019 - 4th annual How Many VOCers Does It Take To Replace A Helicopter? · Sat. Jun. 22nd - Sun. Jun. 23rd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 22nd
End: Sunday, Jun. 23rd, 11:59 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 12th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC clubroom MAP
This is an annual trip to maintain the wood supply at our Brew Hut ! The lazy / expensive option would be to order wood and use a helicopter, but that money can be better used elsewhere and we've shown it can be done manually. And what could be better than supplying wood for the warmth and comfort of yourself and others next winter ?
Here's a pic Roland Burton took of Gabe during the 2016, demonstrating an extreme example of what we'll be doing:
The exact plan is a work in progress, but will involve some harvesting and hauling of wood near/to the hut. We'll drive up Saturday morning, sleep Saturday night (potentially at the hut), and come back Sunday evening. If you can't do both days, feel free to join for just Saturday ! See the Message Board discussion to contribute to the plan. I'll update this description with the final plan closer to the trip.
What to Bring:
- Everything on the Summer Overnight gear list. - emphasis on snacks and bug repellant.
- Rope/cord for tying firewood if you have.
- A metal frame backpack if you have (or rent from the club).
- Being able to walk.
- A positive attitude :)
- Let us know if you can operate a chainsaw !