VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Backpacking · Sat. Jun. 22nd - Sun. Jun. 23rd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 22nd
End: Sunday, Jun. 23rd
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jun. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
We're going backpacking!
This will be a super duper beginner friendly backpacking trip. Perfect if you have little to no experience, or are up for a chill overnight. That being said, we are going to be hiking uphill for at least 10k, so some sort of physical fitness is probably good, but stoke can make up for it.
We're going to Illal medows! Should be snow free and a pretty easy drive.
If you will need to rent a sleeping bag, it's a good idea to reserve this from MEC as soon as possible. Everything else we can pull together from people's gear closets.