VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Learning the ropes (crevasse rescue, belays, anchors, rope rescue) · Wednesday, June 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jun. 12th, 6:30 pm
Would you like to learn/practice/review your crevasse rescue skills? or how to belay/set up top rope anchors/tie general knots/escape the belay/conduct an assisted hoist?
We will meet at a playground (I will send out an email with the final location closer to June 12) and go over general knots and knowledge before practicing a 3:1 pulley system for crevasse rescue. Depending on the group's interests we can also review other rope work such as the assisted hoist, prussicking, and escaping the belay.
Post on the message board if you have questions or comments.