VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Cypress Peak from Brew Hut · Fri. Jul. 19th - Sun. Jul. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 19th, 5:00 pm
End: Sunday, Jul. 21st, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 18th, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Do you like huts? Do you like bagging peaks? Do you like hiking under a full-ish moon? We're going to scramble up Cypress Peak (not the Cypress with a chairlift) near VOCs Brew Hut. I propose we hike up on Friday evening under the light of a full-ish moon but Saturday morning works too. This trip is guaranteed to include forests, snow, mountains, and type 2 fun. We can then spend the night at the hut. We can then spend Saturday traversing the nearby ridge to Cypress and back. We can also have a potluck on Saturday evening if people want. Finally, we can make the brief hike to the top of Brew on Sunday before hiking down (and racking up some points for the VOC skinnydip challenge) Sunday.