VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Alpine Pancakes [beginner friendly] · Sat. Aug. 17th - Sun. Aug. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 17th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 18th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Aug. 15th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Tolmie St. at Locarno Beach. Look for the VOC flag!
Because the VOC BBQ will happen on Thursday, I have moved the pre-trip to the Beach, where we can deal with trip faff and then hang out with all the other cool people :)
Can't decide between going into the mountains and having a delicious and excessively large pancake breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning?
Why not Both?
Come on a beginner friendly overnight trip to the VOC's very own Brew Hut and eat pancakes!
The Plan: Leave Vancouver moderately early on Saturday morning. Hike to the hut (and be excited not to carry a tent). Potentially collect Blueberries along the way. Get to hut, hang out, go for a little hike on the surrounding mountains or go down to the lake for swimming or skinny dipping. Enjoy the hut life. Have dinner, hang out and later watch the night sky in the alpine. Cuddle into sleeping bag. Sleep in or get up early to watch the sunrise. Make huge pancake breakfast (possibly involving the blueberries picked on Saturday). Eat way too much. Pack up and hike back down to the cars (maybe have someone roll you if you had too many pancakes) Return to Vancovuer at a reasonable hour.
This is a good trip if you are new to backpacking, like to get out into the mountains or just like good breakfast and nice views. We will go over the basics and things to bring at the pre-trip. Attendance at the pre trip is mandatory, unless you tell me in advance and have a good excuse.
We'll team up in groups to make sure there is enough pancake making equipment and pancake mix and everyone brings toppings for pancakes. If you have any Questions, please ask them on the Message board here .
This is a type 1/2 beginner friendly trip. For definitions of "beginner friendly" consult the Wiki .
Lets make some pancakes!
Night Sky over Brew Hut: Photo by Joshua Ma