VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Advanced Hotspringing at Pitt River Hot Springs · Fri. Aug. 30th - Mon. Sep. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Aug. 30th, 6:00 pm
End: Monday, Sep. 2nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 27th, 4:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
*Note: This trip involves intermediate bushwhacking and scrambling. It is NOT beginner friendly.
I was thinking of ways to celebrate the end of a marvellous summer in BC and came to the conclusion that a trek out to the Pitt River Hot Springs would be a perfect way to spend the last few days before school.
What to expect:
We'll drive up the Mamquam FSR on Friday evening and camp at the Watersprite Lake trailhead so that we can get an early start hiking on Saturday. On Saturday morning, we'll book it up to Watersprite Lake and then head off-trail into the Crawford drainage. There's a lake about 15 km from the trailhead that looks like a good place to set up camp.
On Sunday, we'll try to get to Pitt River Hot Springs (an additional 10 km mostly on logging roads) and soak for a bit before we head back towards the 15 km lake. We'll hike out on Monday and probably get back to the city quite late Monday just in time for classes on Tuesday.