VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
North Shore VOC Mountain Bike ride · Saturday, August 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 17th, 10:00 am
End: Saturday, Aug. 17th, 1:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Aug. 15th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC BBQ at Locarno Beach (see trip page)
So Ive been wanting to get a group of mountain biking buddies together to ride some trails on the North Shore for a while now (and potentially in Squamish and Whistler in the future). Thought id see what kind of interest there was in the VOC for this sort of thing.
The plan will be to meet at the top of Mountain Hwy in North Van at the gate/kiosk area near at the top of the road. We will probably just go for a 2 to 3 hour ride on trails that are a good level for everyone in the group.
If you want to join but dont have a bike, you might want to consider renting a bike Friday evening and returning it Saturday afternoon. Then you dont need to deal with the faff of renting the bike Saturday morning.
At this point, Im not sure how many people have bike racks on their cars but there are multiple buses that bring you near the top of Mountain Hwy so I will be heading up there no matter what. Will probably be taking the 210 from Burrard Stn in downtown Vancouver.
If you want to join, shoot me an email with your riding experience, sign up on this trip page and/or show up to the VOC BBQ on Thursday evening to discuss the details of the trip and see if we can figure out some rides for people.