VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Pierce Lakes and Mount MacFarlane · Sat. Sep. 21st - Sun. Sep. 22nd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 21st, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 22nd, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 18th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
We had a fun trip to the Chilliwack Mountains in August and had considered this trip as a backup but we ended up toughing it out in the rain at Willamson Lake instead. Haha.
Anyway, I would still love to head up the Pierce Lakes valley to bag some more water bodies for the VOC skinny dipping challenge and to scramble up Mount MacFarlane and maybe Crossover Peak as well. It is also a great place to get some beautiful views of Slesse.
The thought is to hike up Saturday, bag a peak Saturday afternoon, and stay the night at lower or upper Pierce Lake. Then hike another peak Sunday morning in addition to dipping into one or multiple of the lakes up there, then head out Sunday afternoon.
This is a relatively easy trip but I am still marking it as intermediate friendly as you need to be able to keep a descent pace and be comfortable on scree with minor exposure.
Pretrip is Wednesday, September 18 at 7 pm in the clubroom. I look forward to seeing you all there! :)