VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Self-Propelled(ish) Bike Tour to Mt. Elphinstone · Sat. Sep. 21st - Sun. Sep. 22nd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 21st, 6:30 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 22nd, 4:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Sep. 17th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Let's go on a bike tour up to the Sunshine Coast!
6:45 Let’s bike to Horseshoe Bay (~2 hours and 20 mins, 34km, 250m)
9:30 Hop on the ferry ($16) at 09:50
10:20 Bike to Mount Elphinstone Trailhead
Hike Mt. Elphinstone (12km, 1100m)
Bike down to Porpoise Bay Park, stay in the cyclist campground! ($15 for group possibly?) Maybe do some swimmin’
Next day, possibly stop at a cute little cafe, etc… (https://www.thegumbootcafe.com/)
Catch ferry when we feel like it!
Bike back to UBC!
You will need:
Rack + panniers or bike trailer. (the VOC has 2 sets of panniers and MEC rents panniers and trailers)
We will need (to potentially share):
Tents + camping gear
Bike tools + frame pump
It would be good to have:
Shoes to hike in