VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Self Propelled to the Temple of Time [beginner friendly] · Saturday, October 5th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 5th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
There is nothing better than the feeling of starting, and finishing, a trip under your own power. No engines, no oil, no exhaust fumes...just you and your human machine that runs on water and tasty food :) These kinds of trips we call "Self-Propelled Trips" because you propel yourself from the city, into the outdoors, and back again.
So, that is precisely what this trip is all about: getting a taste of a self-propelled trip in the form of a friendly day trip!
We plan to bike from Vancouver, up to North Vancouver and the Seymour Valley trailway. From there, we will lock our bikes and hike into the Temple of Time, a grove of BIG TREES which can be a little tricky to find. Depending on how much Time we have, we can explore more or less - there are plenty of big trees in the Seymour Valley to visit.
Once we have had our fill of big trees and hiking, we will continue our adventure all the way back home to Vancouver.
You do not need to have previous experience to come on this trip...but know that self-propelled trips are a little harder than the average driving day trip! Please be prepared for some level of challenge and to get tired - that's what it is all about. We won't leave anyone behind, but do stay positive and try to keep up!
You will also need your own bike (with gears for going uphill!) + helmet, and bike lights because it's likely to get dark before we are home.
We will discuss more details at the pretrip meeting, at 6:30pm on Wednesday October 2nd in the VOC Clubroom.
Krista + Piotr Forysinski