VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Red Heather Day Trip · Sunday, January 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jan. 22nd
A mellow day trip featuring soft powder, a cozy warming hut and hot chocolate. Beginners, even those who have never been on skis, are welcome. In fact, it's probably an ideal first trip.
Elevation gain (if you only ski one lap) is ~700m (comparable to the Grouse Grind), and distance is about 4km. You might be pretty sore on Monday, but backcountry ski trips don't get much easier. And don't worry; we'll wait for you.
Trip is limited to one car (4-5) unless more experienced people sign up, in which case I'll expand it to two cars (8-10).
There will be no pre-trip meeting, which means reading the gear list and my emails will be extra important. If you really want, I can meet you at gear hours Thursday or Friday. No cotton and keep a headlamp at the top of your pack.
Also, since I've promised hot chocolate, I'm really hoping someone brings it since I don't own a thermos.