Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Trip Leading Info Session · Friday, November 22nd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Robert Shilton
Start: Friday, Nov. 22nd, 6:00 pmDescription:
So, you're a stoked VOC member excited to lead some trips? If you're reading this, then you should be now. However, leading trips can be a bit overwhelming with a lot to think about! A lot of anxieties include experience, intimidation, or general worry of things not going as planned- and we all feel them! This workshop/ social gathering is to try and help talk through some of these worries and set you up for leading successful and fun (type 1-3) trips.
You'll get to meet other VOC'ers like yourself hoping to take on a leadership role, who may wish to collaborate with you. We will learn how to post a trip and take steps to become a good trip leader then spend some time brainstorming ideas to come up with something cool and unusual if you are interested!
As its Friday, I will encourage the bringing of beer or cider to help really get those trip ideas flowing. I will probably bring some to share but I'm really poor, so dont expect anything fancy!
I'll send an email to the committed and interested folks closer to the date with the exact location, but it will be somewhere on campus- perhaps the clubroom.
Posted: 2019-10-06 10:17:51