VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
UPDATED: We're at $500! Get a Sticker, Help the North Shores Rescue! · Tue. Oct. 29th - Sun. Dec. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Oct. 29th
End: Sunday, Dec. 15th
Help raise $1000 for the North Shore Rescue for Christmas!
UPDATED: We are now at $500 raised and we now have colourful whale stickers as well!
Link to photos of the stickers: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7te4vjjtql944bm/AAAsR4e43xtnU9xKEK8-73Dpa?dl=0
For $5 you can get a limited edition sticker (a bear with the 10 essentials, so you'll never forget!) or a colourful whale (whale, why not?!) All proceeds go to North Shore Rescue. Stick it on your Nalgene, stick it on your laptop, give it a friend, stick it everywhere...
If you can't make it to the clubroom during gear hours (bring exact change), the stickers can be mailed to you or your friend FOR FREE! They will also be available at the
1)Hive Vancouver Climbing Gym until Dec ~20 or stickers run out
2)Hive North Vancouver Climbing Gym until Dec ~20 or stickers run out
3)UBC VOC MEC Member's Night Thurs Nov 14, 7-9pm
If you know a place that would be happy to host a sticker jar to help us fundraise, drop me a message!
Got a sticker? Take a photo of you and your sticker going on wild adventures to help spread the word! Tag the photo #bearyready on Instagram and we'll be sure to share it. We want to see #bearyready doing all kinds of outdoor adventures!
At the end of the fundraiser all the funds raised will be collected and donated to the North Shore Rescue.