VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[Steps to the Neve] Part 1 - Intro to Skiing! DATE CHANGED · Sat. Dec. 14th - Sun. Dec. 15th
Warning: This is a tentative trip
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 14th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Dec. 15th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 11th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
EDIT #3: This trip is now tentative because I'm not even convinced there will be snow on the 14th/15th
EDIT #2: Dates changed because there is no snow!
EDIT: Read the Steps to the Neve series description first.
Have you never ever skied before? (or maybe you have once or twice) Do you want to venture into the backcountry this season?
This is a beginner friendly trip where we will teach you to gracefully glide down a mountain! (no guarantees on the "gracefully", though)
One resort day (probably at Cypress) and one day in the backcountry on the North Shore or at Red Heather. Whether we go on Sunday will depend on avalanche conditions.
For the resort day you will need to purchase a lift ticket and chip in to cover the cost of your instructor’s ticket as well.
Gear you will need:
Day one: skis, boots, poles, helmet
Day two: everything from day one plus climbing skins and avi gear (beacon, shovel, probe)
*you can rent all this gear from the clubroom with a deposit of $520 which you will get back once you return the gear
The number of people who can come will depend on how many instructors we have, so please sign up if you’d like to help teach!
Email me if you have any questions.