VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Backcountry Skiing 2 · Sat. Feb. 22nd - Sun. Feb. 23rd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 22nd
End: Sunday, Feb. 23rd
I was thinking this trip could be a supplementary trip to Jessica Brown's first intro to backcountry trip planned for January 19.
Please read the description of Jessica's trip below. All of the same pre-reqs apply, but on our trip we'll try to build on the skills of the first trip and possibly bite off something a little more adventurous. AST1 or equivalent will be required for our trip.
We'll limit the trip size based on the number of experienced helpers. Not more than 1:3 experienced vs non-experienced seems about right. If conditions are miserable for camping, we will switch this to a one day trip. If conditions are unsafe, we will cancel this trip.