VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Semi-Beginner Friendly Neve Traverse on Slowshoes · Fri. Feb. 14th - Sun. Feb. 16th
Warning: This is a tentative trip : Need good weather, good lake, good avalanches, and day off work,
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 14th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Feb. 16th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Feb. 13th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club room
(This is a tentative trip depends on multiple conditions: 1. Garibaldi Lake is frozen; 2. Weather is decent; 3 There are at least 2 cars; 4. Roland is coming--actually, we only need to count on this, as Roland is coming guarantees all the first three are met. )
It is beginner-friendly because we will go quite slowly; it is called "semi" because you are self-sufficient, i.e. you have backpacked before in bad weather and you don't mind suffering a bit.
I plan to do this using snowshoes as I will scout the area before I use skis, skiers are welcome to join as long as this is not your first backcountry skiing trip.
Stay tuned for more details.