VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VO-ski to VO-sea · Sunday, May 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : COVID-19
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, May. 24th, 7:30 am
The Sea to Ski race is happening on May 24th this year. I'm looking to put together a "just for fun" kinda team of VOCers for the race. The Ski to Sea is a team race with seven portions: nordic ski, downhill ski/board, downhill run, road bike, canoe (2 people), cyclocross, sea kayak. I'm good to do one or more of everything but nordic ski and cyclocross. As for equipment, we'll need a canoe (maybe the VOC one) and a kayak plus people bringing their own skis and bikes. If this interests you, text or email me or post on the message board. Also, you do not have to be good/fast at your part of the race.
Since this starts on a Sunday, we'd probably go down on Saturday and find a cheap place to stay/camp. Also someone(s) with a car is gonna be needed for this because Translink does not go to Bellingham