VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
John Baldwin Talk with the ACC · Thursday, March 26th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Mar. 26th, 6:00 pm
John Baldwin has very strong ties to the VOC as he was part of it during his time at UBC. He has moved on to be one of the premier explorers of the West Coast and a huge contributor of books and maps for all of us to use for our own recreation in the region.
John Baldwin was the patron of the guides ball put on by the Alpine Club of Canada this past Oct in Banff. This honour is of significance in that it is the first time a West Coast person has received it. The evening started with Chic Scott who introduced John like no other, followed by John's wife Linda Bily giving a colourful, fun/humorous tribute to John. John gave a well delivered presentation along with visually beautiful images of the West Coast and those of us who were present were proud to witness this great West Coast person receive this honour. It was fun to see some familiar faces in some of the images (some of VOC'ers and North Shore Rescue people!)........
John and Linda expressed that many of their friends were not able to attend in Banff so at their initiative and our happiness to help out, the presentations by both of them will be repeated March 26th at Van Dusen Floral Hall. Start time 7pm with doors opening at 6pm for refreshments and a visit.
details: Thursday March 26th, 2020 Van Dusen Floral Hall
RSVP on the ACC trip agenda closer to the date!