Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[Beginner Friendly!] VOC-VOCO Brew Hut Huck-Fest · Fri. Mar. 20th - Sun. Mar. 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : COVID-19
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: George Hill
Start: Friday, Mar. 20th, 10:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 22nd, 2:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Mar. 12th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ClubroomDescription:
Ever wondered what cool things our sister club does in the Okanagan? Ever wanted to meet some cool new outdoorsy people from another university? Ever wanted to ski, sing, eat good backcountry food, drink and party with those people?
This is your chance!
The VOC is doing a joint trip with the Varsity Outdoor Club Okanagan (VOCO) from UBCO up to Brew Hut on the weekend of March 20, 21 and 22! The plan is to have 10ish people attend from each club (20 people total) and to fill the hut to the brim! Sleeping outside in tents is also fine if people prefer.
Let ski, build snow caves, sing, make people only speak in rhymes while playing mafia. All beginner to expert skiiers/snowshoers/tobogganers are welcome. AST1 is a valuable asset, but not absolutley required to make it to the hut. Everyone is required to have a complete avalanche kit (beacon, probe, shovel). If you want to be on skis, you must know how to ski. If you want to be on snowshoes, there must be at least three of you.
Here is the rough itinerary:
- VOCO depart Kelowna early Friday
- VOC and VOCO meet up at the Catski parking lot at 9:30am.
- Skins on and hiking up by 10am!
- Stay Friday night and Saturday night
- Leave the hut Sunday at 11am-noon ish
- At cars by 2pm
- Back to Van or Kelowna
Sign up as interested now and keep an eye out for the committed list signup date. The committed sign up opens February 22nd at 10pm (There are limited spots in the hut!).
I also need mini-group leaders to help me to make this trip a sucess! As mini-group leaders you will lead 3-4 people and help make sure that they have all the gear they need and are prepared for a fun trip! Ideally you have AST1 and have been to Brew before.
Posted: 2020-02-01 17:46:37
Last modified: 2020-03-16 21:12:54