VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
UBC Adventure Film Festival · Friday, September 17th
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Sep. 17th, 4:00 pm
POSTPONED UNTIL FALL 2021 DUE TO COVID-19, the exact date is TBD
The VOC is teaming up with the Ski and Board and Surf Clubs to present UBC's first annual Adventure Film Festival!
Join us for a night of celebration and appreciation of the outdoors. Featuring films by UBC’s most adventurous students and filmers from a variety of sports. We hope to inspire others to step outside their comfort zone and find their own passion.
Before the films begin, there will be booths set up from a variety of organizations. Students and faculty from UBC that have been designing sustainable and innovative ideas with the intention to protect and preserve our great outdoors will have the opportunity to display their work at booths. Additionally, some of our partners sponsoring the event will showcase some of the work that they have coming up, including the Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival. With live music, and some food and refreshments, come out a couple of hours before the films to check out some of UBC’s most innovative students and faculty.
Location: Norm theatre (in the Life building)
Submissions open August 2020, so start filming!
Photo submissions are open now and can be sent to [email protected]
Tickets will be available for purchase closer to the date and expect lots of great prizes!
Wanting to make a film but don't know how? Head over to our Facebook discussion page on this event to connect with a filmer or athlete who you will be able to work with!
You can also find more information on social media (insta: ubcaff , Facebook: UBC Adventure Film Festival)