VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[The online classroom for outdoor skills] · Thursday, May 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, May. 28th, 5:00 pm
I am happy to annuonce that we are back with the online classroom series! Starting with a wonderful guest speaker: Krista Forysinski! She is a keen and kind outdoor adventurer who is stoked to share with you a little bit about what she knows about marine environments! For those of you who are knew to this series, it is a series of zoom sessions which include various speakers with different interesting skills and knowledge who want to share something to those who want to learn! Read further for this weeks topic! Come and sit back and learn something new during quarantine, or have fun connecting with old friends and faces, everyone is welcome to join :)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 850 9791 4142
Talk title: Marine Life for Beachcombers
Date/time: Thursday, May 28th, 5:00pm PDT
Have you ever wondered what those little critters and plants were every time you went for a walk on the beach? Are you interested in learning more about some of the cool stuff that lives in the intertidal zone? If so, then this talk is for you! I’ll be presenting a brief summary of the many plants and animals that call our coastal habitats home, and some of the neat aspects of the marine environment. Designed for the casual beachcomber, don’t miss a fun little talk about the cool stuff that lives on our doorstep.
See you there!