VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Widgeon Falls & Pitt Lake Canoe Trip. Beginner+Dog friendly trip :) · Sat. Aug. 1st - Sun. Aug. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 1st, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 2nd, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 30th, 3:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
THIS TRIP WILL FOLLOW THE COVID-19 GUIDELINES OF THE VOC. Please read ubc-voc.com/covid-19
The plan is to canoe/kayak/float up the widgeon creek, spend the day jumping into the water from the small boulders around the falls, chill and camp somewhere on Saturday. On Sun we could try to reach the Marine Area in Pitt Lake or just paddle around the Widgeon Valley.
Launching Friday from Grand Narrows Regional Park around 8:00 AM https://goo.gl/maps/kJr2mxiJYyEStHit5 Arrive at Widgeon Creek campsite around 10:00 AM https://goo.gl/maps/XmY3DjhP3xEUDia28.
If you don't have a Canoe and don't want to rent one you can meet us there to go to the falls. Depending on people's opinions we will set up camp either there or closer to the falls.
I am from Mexico and only get close to glacier water this time a year, so am aiming to do some jumps from the small boulders downriver of the falls. Planning on bringing a portable bbq and a couple of drinks.
I would like to paddle around Widgeon Valley/Pitt Lake on Sunday but I'm open to suggestions.
Once we have people signing up we can do Canoe groups here:
Knowing how to swim is a requirement for this trip!