VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sunset Hike at Brunswick · Saturday, September 19th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 19th, 1:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
What's nicer than being in the mountains other than being in the mountains at sunset?
Usually you have to stay overnight to witness a nice alpine sunset, but I don't have any overnight camping gear with me at the moment so I'm choosing the hike in the dark method. I've also never hiked in this area before and I feel like I should given it's proximity to Vancouver.
Mt. Brunswick is a steep 14km, 1550m elv. gain hike with some scrambling near the top. It's normally a popular day hike but WE shall be starting at the trailhead around 1pm, hopefully arrive for golden hour and sunset around 7pm, then start scrambling back down in the fading light and headlamps the rest of the way out. You should have some fitness and/or hiking experience, but since it's out-and-back again, we can pick you up on the way down if you don't make it. You should also be ready to hike in the dark for a few hours (lions? tigers? bears? oh my!).
As with the new Covid rules, we will have max. 3 people per vehicle, wear masks in the car, and try to stick to our bubbles if that's possible. There will be no official pre-trip meeting for this trip, I'll simply send out an email to the Committeds on Friday (evening) with details and car groups.
Make sure you bring:
- Good hiking shoes
- Jacket for when it gets cooler
- A really really funny joke because we can't share candy on this hike but we can still try to share lols
It looks like it should clear up a bit Saturday night, but if the weather looks really bad we can do this hike in normal/daylight hours, possibly on Sunday instead.
Email me if you have any questions!