VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC Discounted AST-1 Block D · Sat. Mar. 6th - Sun. Mar. 7th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 6th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 7th, 5:00 pm
Please sign up at the link on the message board.
We're partnering with Canada West Mountain Guides once again to offer discounted group AST-1 courses. This year, things will be a little different with the classroom session done online and it'll be one full field day at Seymour rather than half a field day at Seymour and a full one at Whistler.
The AST-1 Classic course focuses on teaching practical methods of understanding, recognizing and avoiding avalanche hazards, including terrain evaluation, effective decision making, group management, safe route finding, snowpack structure, weather, and avalanche rescue techniques. Plenty of VOC trips in the winter require AST-1 for safety and it's a smart idea to take it if you want to travel into avalanche terrain.