VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brew Beginner Friendly Ski or Snowshoe (Dog Friendly!) · Sat. Dec. 12th - Sun. Dec. 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 12th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Dec. 13th, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 9th, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Restrictions on social gatherings where extended so this trio needs to be cancelled. Sorry.
This trip follows current COVID-19 VOC Guidelines please read them here: https://www.ubc-voc.com/covid-19
-Additionally, this trip will take place or not mostly depending on the evolving COVID situation (up to today sport regional travel is banned).-
The plan is to head up to Brew Hut early on Saturday and get to shred/ski a little bit on both days. While this is a socially-oriented beginner-friendly, AST1 is required if you plan to ski or snowshoe in any place outside the trail or beyond the hut. AVI gear is also required, we will have a basic how-to-use refresher on Saturday morning.
I am limiting this trip to 10 people (Preferably dog-friendly folks).
Winter capable dogs are welcome without beacons and after talking to me (be advised that dog owners may have to camp). Also, all participants of this trip will have to bring a small piece of firewood that I will provide, so we have a cozy night and not use the limited firewood of the hut (around 700 grams). Facemasks required to go inside the hut and for COVID reasons we will be sleeping on thents outside the hut.
Mulled wine is welcomed! (responsibly and no sharing cups!)
Finally, please take into account that this is an extremely inclusive trip that brings respectful people from diverse backgrounds and "minorities" (e.g. LGBTQIA+ and loud Latin-Americans).