Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: JOURNAL SUBMISSIONS! · Sun. Nov. 22nd - Fri. Jan. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Julia Ramos Bujalil
Start: Sunday, Nov. 22nd
End: Friday, Jan. 15thDescription:
You now have until Friday January 15th at midnight to submit your articles!
All is now ready for you to submit your epic (or silly, thrilling, educational, motivational, explorational) adventures from 2020. I know 2020 has been a weird year to say the least, but I am sure you have some stories that you are eager to share with us and which we are eager to read.
This year, we will be using a google drive folder to receive submissions. If you would like to submit something, please create a folder in this google drive folder and add your story and photos to match the example one shown (ie. folder title: J_RAMOS [first initial_Last name], google doc with article title and information formatted in the google doc as in the example, and photos in a folder labeled photos,). The link is below, get submittin’!
Submissions are due on January 10th but please don't wait until the last minute to submit your articles from earlier in the year. The editing team will seriously appreciate extra time to look over your article and give it the attention it deserves!
Please note that at some point in January, I will email everyone who is in the journal saying that your submission is accepted. We are not in the habit of turning away entries, so if you don’t receive this email, please reach out to make sure we didn’t somehow miss your submission.
You can also check out the wiki page for last year's journal https://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/VOCJ62 for submission guidelines or for details on the journal in general https://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/VOC_Journal.
If you want to help editing articles and/or with the photo contest please sign up as interested!
Have questions, please feel free to put them below or email me at [email protected]
Julia - 2020/2021 Journal Editor
Posted: 2020-11-22 23:39:36
Last modified: 2021-01-11 12:31:18