VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Avalanche Canada Webinar Watch Party · Thu. Mar. 11th - Thu. Mar. 25th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Mar. 11th, 7:00 pm
End: Thursday, Mar. 25th, 8:00 pm
MEETING LINK FOR March 11th - "Why is March the deadliest month?" (I'll be there around 6:50pm): https://meet.google.com/kcw-myvx-gti
Avalanche Canada has been hosting webinars each Thursday from 7-8pm, and they seem pretty cool and informative! They're free, you just need to pre-register for each one here. You can also watch their older ones there.
Next week's (Feb. 25th) topic is "Low Probability, High Consequence Situations", and I'm thinking of hosting a Zoom meeting (I'll post the link here as well as send it to people who sign up), so we can attend the webinar as well as have a running VOC commentary, maybe with beverages and some chatting before/after the webinar.
Mark your calendar and get stoked to gain avi smarts! Or sign up and get an email alert from yours truly. Or just attend the webinar without joining the zoom meeting to avoid annoying VOCers.