VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intermediate Coquihalla day trip · Sunday, February 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Feb. 19th
Hello! Rich and I are keen to get out for a day of backcountry skiing on Sunday, probably to the Coquihalla area.
At the moment, Thar Peak or Markhor Peak are looking likely options.
Anyone keen to join us? Our car is fixed now too!
This is an intermediate trip and we'd ideally like folk who already have some backcountry experience and are reasonably fit. We're still fairly new to this ourselves, so the trip would be sort of leaderless (i.e. a small group of people who can look after themselves more or less). We'd also want to be traveling together, at a fairly decent pace (not superhuman, just fast enough so we can get up and down in good time). You should be familiar with avalanche risk and know how to use your beacon, probe and shovel etc.