VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mount Fromme Bike n' Hike · Wednesday, April 28th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Apr. 28th, 10:00 am
End: Wednesday, Apr. 28th, 2:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff
I'm looking to get ouside after exams, and I thought I'd turn it into a trip.
The Idea is to bike up Fromme until we hit the snowline, then hike to the summit, return to the bikes, and ride some mountain biking trails on the way down.
These is an option for some of the trails we could ride on the way down. these, along with the majority of trails on fromme are technically challenging trails, and I would not advise ridding them if this is your first time moutain biking.
That being said I want to make this trip accessible as possible, so I will be taking it slow down the trails and am happy to help coach people looking to improve their moutain biking skills.
If you do not have a mountain bike or are new to moutain biking, Please do not let that stop you from joining on this trip. There is a route down on a gravel road that has a mellow slope and is well maintained (mountian highway). I would also be open to exploring some of the less technical trails that are towards bottom afterwords with anyone interested in doing that.
Also, I am planning bringing my dog. he is very cute and friendly with people who love dogs, but gets anxious around people who are not comfortable around dogs. He also does not like puppies. if you are not comfortable around dogs or want to bring your own furry companion, Please let me know, as I do not want prevent anyone from participating because of this.
I am also flexible with dates and time, so if that is the only thing stopping you from joining, let me know.
- meet at fromme trailhead at 10 am (map)
- bike up mountain highway
- tie bikes to a tree
- hike to the summit
- break at top
- hike back to bikes
- take advantage of elevation gained and ride down some of the fromme mountain biking trails (or alternativley ride back down montain highway)
- finish back at the trail head around 2 pm (very rough time estimate)
What you'll need:
- bike capable of riding rough gravel trails (preferably mountain bike)
- bike gear (helmet, tube, pump, multitool, lock, etc.)
- snow traction (spikes, trekking poles, snowshoes, gaiters, etc.)
- hiking stuff
- food and water
- COVID precautions & common sense (follow club guidelines)
- an healthy level of enjoyment of type 2 fun
- a love of furry friends
let me know if you have any questions: [email protected]