VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Bike Touring! (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Jun. 19th - Sun. Jun. 20th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 19th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Jun. 20th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 16th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: zoom (will send link via email)
Have you ever wanted to strap everything to your bike and just go?
Step out your door and already be on the trip?
Summer is a joyous time for bike touring! On this trip you will learn the basics so you can go on more self-propelled adventures all summer long.
This trip is beginner friendly, so I will prioritize people who’ve never done an overnight tour before. All people and all bikes are welcome! Just make sure your bike is functional and wont break down halfway through.
For this trip you will need:
- a bike (any functioning bike works)
- a rack and panniers (the VOC has some panniers)
- regular overnight camping gear
If you are concerned about gear send me an email - we can figure something out.
This will depend on the restrictions, but if everything goes well we will be going to Saltspring Island!
Beginner friendly means we will wait for everyone - but it doesn’t mean the cycling will necessarily be easy. The Gulf Islands are famous for being quite hilly.
If you have questions or concerns send me an email!