VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Outrigger-Clarke Traverse · Fri. Aug. 13th - Sun. Aug. 15th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Aug. 13th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 15th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: TBD
The Outrigger-Clarke traverse is a horseshoe loop from Outrigger Peak to Sun Peak (aka Mt. John Clarke). It is supposedly beautiful! See Vincent Hanlon's VOC trip report for more details.
Jacob, Hannah, and I are hoping to do it over 3 days (fri-sun) in August, I'm adding a day on either end for biking to/from. We're hoping to have 3 more folks join, either self-propelled or drive in.
The trip involves alpine route-finding, scrambling, and glacier travel; ideally you're at least slightly comfortable/experienced with these things. Personally I don't have too much experience in these environments so I'm not in much of a position to bring more beginner folks on this trip.