VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Big Macfarlane · Sun. Aug. 8th - Mon. Aug. 9th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Aug. 8th, 6:00 am
End: Monday, Aug. 9th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 4th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Probably Zoom
Brody Granger and I are going to Mount Macfarlane and Pierce Lakes for an overnight hike. This hike near Chilliwack includes two beautiful lakes en route to the summit, wildflowers, and awesome views. It's about 17.5km and 1,850 m of elevation gain total with some short sections of scrambling towards the summit - so you should have good physical fitness and some experience. My preference would be to camp at the upper Pierce lake, but we can see when we get there what we want to do.
If you're interested but unsure if this trip is for you, shoot me an email :) Dates are flexible depending on peoples' availability; I would just prefer to not do Saturday-Sunday to when it's more busy (for example, Friday-Saturday instead).
Some links with more info: