VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Howe Sound Crest Trail End to End Run · Sunday, July 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jul. 25th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 22nd, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Planning to run from Cypress Resort to Porteau Cove.
It is roughly 30km and 1800m of gain through some technical terrain, so this is not a beginner trip. You don't need to be a fast runner, but you should be comfortable moving aerobically through the mountains for a full day. There will be a lot of power walking up hills, but this is trail run in essence, not a hike.
We will need enough cars to organize a shuttle for this trip to work (or crazy people can run back the other way or bike the shuttle), or if anyone wants to run the route in reverse, we could do a key exchange. Details TBD once we see interest.
The plan would be to hopefully be running no later than 8am as we expect the run could take 8-10h.
Pre-trip meeting Zoom:
Meeting ID: 289 588 0159