VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Castle Towers · Sun. Aug. 29th - Mon. Aug. 30th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Aug. 29th, 8:00 am
End: Monday, Aug. 30th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 24th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: TBA
Castle Towers is one of the highest peaks that forms the backdrop of Garibaldi Lake. I'd like to climb it. The plan is to hike from Cheakamus Lake and make a base camp at Helm Creek. Depending on the weather we can go for a summit on Sunday afternoon or wait until early Monday morning.
This is a substantial climb, with some short glacier travel and class 3/4 scrambling. The round trip is 35km with 2600(!) meters of elevation gain. Even split out over two days this is a lot, so participants are required to have experience in those conditions to join this trip! I've booked 2 tent pads at Helm Creek for 8 people, but there are still plenty of pads available at the moment so we could probably add another if there are enough experienced folks interested in the trip.
Feel free to get in touch with me with any questions!