VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Burton Hut Outhouse Expedition · Sat. Jul. 31st - Mon. Aug. 2nd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 31st
End: Monday, Aug. 2nd
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Time for another workhike!
The outhouse at Burton Hut is in need of some attention. We are going to be digging a new hole, moving the current outhouse, and hopefully exploring the area a bit if time permits.
Accessing burton hut in the summer is a bit of an ordeal, as the hut was not really intended to be summer accessible. Summer access involes a long hike over panorama ridge and back down to the shore of the lake, or canoing across the lake. Since the canoes can only fit six people, we will split into two groups. One group will canoe across and start digging the hole, while the other will hike in and help to move the outhouse.
If time permits, we can also spend some time scrambling around and exploring the glacier above the hut, or swimming in the lake.
The hike into the hut will be long and invovle some bushwhacking. We do not expect you to be experienced, but be prepared for a long day. Based on the experience level of the group, we can decide if we would like to attempt an objective above the hut as well.
If you have any quesitons, you can send me an email at [email protected]