VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Vancouver Gravel Gremlins · Wed. Sep. 1st - Tue. Feb. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Sep. 1st
End: Tuesday, Feb. 1st
Riding bikes is fun, and even more fun with friends! If you are interested in gravel grinding, exploring logging roads, shredding singletrack, or anything that involves riding on unpaved surfaces please check out the message board associated with this trip.
I think it would be great to assemble some sort of group to organize day rides and bikepacking trips targeted toward unpaved surfaces. Everyone is welcome and "dirt-capable" bikes are recommended, including but not limited to, gravel bikes, full-squish rigs, hardtails, fat bikes, plus bikes, monster-cross bikes... basically anything that is suitable for offroad use.
Day rides are often organized spontaniously so I figured a message board thread is the best way to plan rides. If there is enough interest it would be great to setup regular group rides such as early morning/late night riding in Pacific Spirit Park and day rides on the North Shore and in Squamish, POCO, and Burnaby.
I have some bikepacking trips in mind for the fall and it would be great to have fellow VOCers tag along. Feel free to use the message board to pitch ideas for future overnight trips.
A few notes:
1.) This is posted to the trip agenda for exposure. Please refer to the message board for regular updates.
2.) If we can assemble a core group of riders I would be happy to create a private message group for ease of contact.
3.) I came up with the group name while writing this so please feel free to suggest a new one