VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Thrifty Skaha Sends · Fri. Oct. 15th - Sun. Oct. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 15th
End: Sunday, Oct. 17th
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 12th
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Rock Party’s over, you’ve got a couple new tricks under your wing. What do you do?
Come climb with us at Skaha, duh**. Event will be weather dependent.
One caveat besides the COVID19 vaccine checks (mandatory): all prospective attendees must be willing to dress up in the gaudiest outfits your fellow VOC attendees want to subject you to and climb in it for a bit. The said outfits will be custom designed the day of at a thrift shop stop (thinking $10-15 max/ person) we will make or handpicked out of your closets depending on what we collectively decide to do. Why? Why not!
We will be car camping near Skaha Bluffs for 2 nights and climbing for 3 days, ideally. We are also considering a drive-to-the-peak kind of lazy hike somewhere in the mix. Isaac will be the defacto co-organizer given he’s the one with the Skaha climbing book, the vehicle, and the knowledge of the best free non-burnt campgrounds in the area.
**PLEASE NOTE: We require Rock 1 or the equivalent experience for this event (ie, can lower people, belay). Rock 2 / Equivalent is recommended as we need people who can set up / take down anchors. We will also go over critical safety things like anchors as a group before we start climbing to make sure we are all on the same page.