Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Trip Leading Info Night · Wednesday, October 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Isaac Borrego
Start: Wednesday, Oct. 20th, 7:00 pmDescription:
Update 10/19: Since we're below 20 people on the list this event will take place in the clubroom.
Have you ever wanted to run a trip with the club but don't quite know what to do or how to get everything organized? This is your chance to learn about some of the things that go into leading a club trip! The club welcomes leaders of all kinds of trips, from beginner-level to more ambitious outings. Also, this would be a great way to interact with other people who are keen to lead trips and brainstorm some new ideas.
In this informal session we can talk about all the various aspects of leading a trip, including:
- choosing a trip type (hiking, kayaking, skiing, climbing, etc, or a mix of activities)
- choosing a trail/destination/objective
- planning for varying environmental conditions and keeping everyone as safe as possible
- posting on the VOC website
- deciding on participants for your trip
We'll try to book a room in the AMS for this, so location will be announced closer to the date! There will also be a zoom version available for those who can't make it in person:
Posted: 2021-10-06 12:53:27
Last modified: 2021-10-19 15:07:18