VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Elstone and his technicolor dream tights · Sat. Apr. 7th - Sun. Apr. 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 7th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 8th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 4th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: outside the club room
It will be spring, classes will be over, the weather will be warm and the snow should be soft. Its the time of year when animals shake the sleep from their eyes, leave their cozy dens and become re acquainted with their summer homes, saying farewell to winter and hello to spring. Much like these animals VOC members transition through winter by claiming a few last turns in the snow before the crags dry up. On this pilgramige to the Brian Waddington Hut we will be at one with nature, and all her inhabitants, each member on this trip is to claim a spirit animal and dress the part for the trip. If you cannot find animal attire brightly coloured tights, tops, and sweat bands are also welcome, however, you still need to claim a spirit animal and take on its personality. Self refelction might help you find the most fitting animal. After skiing on saturday there will be a dance party in the hut. This is a bigginer-intermediate trip, you should be able to put on skis and survive a blue run, AST training would be awesome but if you dont have it no fear, your fellow spirit animals will help you. Group size will be capped at around 12 but this will depend on the number of experienced people and cars. Make sure to post your animal/ costume ideas on the message board so as to avoid that whole awkward "well one of is is going to have to change" senario, unless the both of you plan to do the whole noahs arc thing. Hut may change*